Wednesday 18 July 2007

My Carbon Footprint Is Going To Be Huge

U-S-A! U-S-A! Holidays plans are set and we're going to America. I can hardly contain my excitement. We fly from London to New York, four nights in New York, then fly to Los Angeles. Then the plan is to drive up the coast to San Francisco back down inland through Yosemite National Park and Death Valley to Las Vegas before flying back to London. Woop woop woop. Three weeks worth of strong dollar to pound exchange rate!

Of course my brain is going into over drive. In my head it starts with Seinfeld, Law and Order, Sex and the City then Arrested Development, Melrose Place, Beverly Hills 90210, then Full House, then finishes with CSI. And don't get me started on the movie references. It's going to be bad enough knowing that I'll be walking the same streets as Detective Briscoe!

I acknowledge the extent to which I may be considered tragic in my tv tastes and I realise I'm lucky I have such an indulgent boyfriend. Although, he was the one to suggest finding the Seinfeld diner! Then again, I was the one to respond that I'd already looked it up and confirmed it is in the same neighbourhood as our hotel.

2 comments:

my name is kate said...

Have I told you lately that I hate you?

my name is kate said...

Oh and when are you going? I look likely to be going to Argentina in October, with possibly visits to New York and/or London, depending on whether it's cheaper to get a round trip or not. Much excitement so give me details about your own trip, wenchy.