Wednesday 25 April 2007

I might just be your number one fan.

I saw Cillian Murphy on Oxford St last night. Today in the office I had a conversation like this -

"I saw Cillian Murphy last night."
"Who?"
"You know, the Irish actor. He's in Sunshine at the moment."
"Haven't heard of him."
"You'd know him if you saw him. He was in Batman Begins."
"No."
"28 Days Later?"
"No."
"The Wind That Shakes The Barley?"
"No."
"Breakfast on Pluto?"
"No."
"Ooh, he was also in some Wes Craven film, Red Eye."
"I don't know him."
"He was also...ah no, don't worry."
"What?"
"He was nominated as a Rising Star at this year's BAFTAs."
"Tell me Rebecca, when he realised you recognised him, did a look of panic flash across his face? Because you are scary."

1 comment:

my name is kate said...

Oh god. I just read the first line of your blog and let out a squeal. My co-worker asked me what I was excited by and the following conversation ensued:

ME:: My friend in the UK just ran into Cillian Murphy on Oxford St! Well I mean she saw him. I assume they didn't chat.
HER: Who?
ME: Cillian Murphy! The guy from 28 Days Later... with the eyes (pull a face, intending to indicate his cheekbones and crazy eyes)
HER: Uh...
ME: Oh he was in that shite movie uh... Red Eye?
HER: (Blank expression)
ME: (Increasingly excitable) Oh you know him, he's hot, he's got those eyes. Uh...
HER: Uh huh.
ME: (small voice) I miss Bec.